July 17, 2014

A Kate Spade DIY

Who doesn't LOVE Kate Spade? But let's be honest, it is very pricey. I have always wanted one of the the golf inspired wristlets. Recently, one of my friends had shown me this DIY. I just knew I had to try it out for myself. 

Here is what you will need:
-Sponge Brushes
-Fabric Paint in Choice of Color
-Iron on Letters
-Plain Canvas Wristlet 
-Masking Tape 
-Iron 

I purchased all of my supplies from Hobby Lobby and it totaled in at around $15.00! 

Step 1: Line the masking tape across the wristlet to create a clean line. Make sure that the tape is smoothly taped down with no wrinkles. 

Step 2: Paint below the taped line.

Step 3: Line the iron on letters up however you prefer them. Hold the iron on the letters for a couple of seconds. 

Step 4: Slowly remove the masking tape. 

Step 5: Allow to dry flat.

Tip: I went with larger letters because I picked a small word for my wristlet. If you use smaller letters, I believe it will look even more like Kate Spade. But I like the unique flare the larger letters give mine! 

Yes, it is that simple and adorable! I would love for ya'll to make your own and share your pictures with me! 





3 comments:

  1. That is so cute! Great idea. I love finding new crafts to do!

    Kristin
    thedixiedaisy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! Super cute and simple. And I do love Kate Spade--but not paying for it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a creative DIY! I'm been dying over the Kate Spade clutches, but not the price...
    Great post!

    Dahlia
    bwbd.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...