July 14, 2014

20 Things You Must Accept In Your 20's


I recently read an article on things you must accept in your 20's. I found so much of it to be true. In my own life, I have noticed as soon as I turned 20, many things began to change in my life. I wanted to create my own list of changes I believe everyone in their 20's should accept. Here they are! 


1. More than likely, you will grow apart from the friends you once had. I have recently come to realize and accept this to be true in my own life. However, I do not see it as a disappointment. I see it as an opportunity to surround myself with new friends that can improve my overall well-being.

2. Your body is going to change. As soon as I hit 20, I noticed my metabolism began to slow down. Do not let this get you down. Use this as motivation to push harder and create a healthier you.

3.  Your relationship or marriage is not going to be perfect. I can vouch that the married life is not perfect and will never will be. There will always be disagreements with your significant other. Always remember, it is so important to marry your best friend, not your "dream" man or woman.

4. You will ALWAYS need your parents. 

5. Let go of what could have been.

6. Nobody can really be trusted. I quickly learned that the only true people I can trust are those within my family.

7. You are not going to be rich in your 20's. I am not broke by no means, I am very blessed to have everything I need and beyond. However, debt does exist with school loans and a car payment. This is part of life and it teaches you how to manage money. 

8. The job market is not the greatest. You will constantly have to work hard in order to land your dream job. 

9. Not everyone is going to like you. 

10. You may feel alone sometimes. This is ok, you will learn to rely on yourself and become a stronger person. 

11. You may fail. If this happens, learn to stand back up and dust yourself off. 

12. Things may not always turn out how you imagined they would.

13. You are never going to be perfect. I sometimes find myself putting un-needed pressure on myself in striving for perfection in everything I do. It's ok to be the best you can be, but realize everything will never be perfect.

14. People will try to define you and categorize you, don't let them.

15. Surround yourself with people whose company you genuinely enjoy, who make you laugh and give you things to talk about. Life is too short to make small talk. 

16.  Don't spend time with or insist yourself upon someone who does not recognize your greatness. 

17.  Nobody's opinion is more important than your own.

18.  You will never know everything. We are all learning.

19.  Always allow yourself joy. 

20.  Don't care about what people think. They don't deserve your attention. You have way more important things to focus on. 







1 comment:

  1. Love this! I definitely needed to hear some of those!

    Kristin
    thedixiedaisy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...