November 4, 2014

November || To Accomplish

It's hard to believe that November has already approached us. Where does the time go? November is the time of year when things begin to get a little hectic. For me, it begins with papers and exams coming up. For most, it's the stress of prepping for the holidays. While stress exists, this is an important time of the year to savor. November is a month for giving thanks for what we have been blessed with. So try to take things slow, and cherish more time with the family. 
November is when I begin to get really excited for the holidays. I am simply looking forward to traveling to see the family, as well as, decorating our home for Christmas and all of the activities that surrounds it. Christmas music and movies will soon be played, cookies will be baked and cards will be sent out. It is all quickly approaching us. 

Here are my goals for November:
Communicate with my Merry & Bright Gift Swap partner. If you have yet to hear about this amazing gift swap opportunity, click here and hurry and sign-up. You have until Nov. 15th to do so.
Bake a homemade pie for Thanksgiving. For a while now, I have wanted to learn how to make a pie from scratch. I feel as if it is my wifely duty to learn how to do so. For Thanksgiving, I am attempting to make  a Salted Caramel Apple Pie (recipe here). We shall see how it goes. 
Visit the tree farm and find the perfect tree. I have always wanted a real tree and this is the year we are going to make it happen. We will visit a local tree farm in hopes of finding a gorgeous tree. 
Start the 21 day fix. This will be my second go at the 21 day fix. It is important to me that I stay healthy and somewhat active, this 21 day plan makes sure that I can accomplish just that. 
Complete some service hours at local organizations. The college that I attend, requires that service hours are completed upon graduation. I am looking forward to volunteering at a few local animal shelters.
Finish my research proposal. As a psych major, this research proposal is a big deal. It is important that I nail this. 
Find a photographer for our Christmas cards. This is my first Christmas as being a wife and my husband and I are starting a tradition of taking photographs for Christmas cards. I am beyond looking forward to this. I already have a few ideas in mind. 
Begin decorating for Christmas. We begin decorating immediately after Thanksgiving. There are many projects to be tackled in order to create a cozy home for the holidays. 

What are you aiming at accomplishing this month?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...